Thursday, July 22, 2010

Something Needs to Happen...

Ah...silence. Kyleigh (my snoozer) is taking a nap between feedings, and Mackenzie finally crashed out after nearly 4 days of not napping. Life is currently "okay".

Adjustment to life with two children hasn't been bad at all. I can't really complain. I have an angel for a newborn who sleeps like crazy and only makes noise when she's hungry. Mackenzie has done quite well considering that she was an only child for almost four years.

However, there are moments when I feel like I'm going a bit crazy trying to keep up with regular, household tasks.

I have been thoroughly blessed to essentially not have to cook dinner for the past 3 weeks (and I still have another 2 weeks of meals being brought, plus a week in Indiana where I won't really have to cook there either). Yet the dishes still pile up.

We pick up the apartment every evening (toys, clothes, trash, etc.) And yet I feel like everytime I look around there is something else to be cleaned or sorted.

The computer desk is a wreck with random papers everywhere.

Our "storage area" needs overhauled - as does my pantry and our bedroom closet.

I've given up on Mackenzie's room for the time being...it's been a disaster zone since Brian's birthday party when there were 10 children playing in it...and it drives me nuts.

All these things, and more, were on my list of "things to accomplish before Kyleigh arrived". Didn't happen.

Brian and I are both beginning to feel the effects of broken sleep - I am not as overtly affected as Brian, then again I was already not sleeping well when I was prego. We're lethargic and just want to crash the moment both children are down for the evening...that simply means that things get put on the backburner.

I guess I write all this to say that the times during the day that I should be resting alongside my beautiful children are the times when I'm either on here (the computer) trying to sort out my life via e-mail, or cleaning like crazy because the dishes, or the dirty floors, or something else won't let me/my mind rest until it's accomplished.

I need a live-in maid...or just some better organization/motivation. What methods I utilize right now, just don't seem to be cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment